Saturday, February 2, 2008

Peter's Room

Here is one corner of Peter's room. That's a bookshelf with doors, covered with a variety of the stuffed animals he's already collected.

I don't know why, I just like the look of all these characters sitting there, almost like they're waiting for Peter--waiting for him to get old enough to notice them, old enough to care about them, old enough to pay them the kind of attention that creates their very meaning and worth.

(I know the picture's a bit blurry, but I really prefer no flash.)

I hope this remains a picture of his room, too--a room of his heart. My heart, also.

I know that none of us needs reminding that very little turns out the way we think it will, and I know some day--when I'm exhausted, or he's fed up with me-- I will look at this picture and remember what we had hoped would be. And somehow, I don't really know how, it will be a reassuring inspiration.

No comments: