Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Red Dinner

Every Valentine's we and the Pfefferles have a red dinner. (Miranda and Mrs. P. have their red on, you just can't see it.) This was the 5th annual.
Red dinner means things like homemade pizza with red dough, or spaghetti cooked in red-tinted water; red fruit--strawberries, grapes, etc.; strawberry lemonade; some sort of red jello. That kind of stuff.


Everyone enjoys it, though it's not as "cute" as it used to be. Now, it's more an opportunity to keep a tradition that helps me savor fun moments in a different way (children do get older, and I'm getting older, too, after all), reminisce about joys past, and give me cause to stop and think about how I will need to change the way I delight in and celebrate with my family as we all change over time.



I don't know...maybe I'll have to drop the goofy photo persona?

No comments: