Saturday, December 17, 2016

Addis Ababa Bible College

Before we left, Sandy off-handedly mentioned our trip to another parent--Lisa W.--at Peter's school.  She said that her cousin was teaching at Addis Ababa Bible College, and she'd introduce us. Well, her cousin--Delta--has been a remarkable blessing.  She connected us to this hotel, where she stays (it's right next to the college).  She's given us tips and guidance.  And she invited me to make a short presentation about teaching to her class.  (The students are Ethiopian pastors coming to college...in the case of her class, to learn about teaching methods, style, practices, etc.)

I could go on about the social capital connectedness achievable in the church body, but I'll leave that for now.  Instead, I'll just say it was great fun and a real privilege to spend half an hour with these folks.  I know some of you will be particularly interested to hear that we talked about using stories in delivering content.



No comments: